Bacon Egg Bake
Kari served this at the Sunday Brunch after Shannon's wedding.
- 4 cups day old French bread, cut into cubes
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- 10 eggs lightly beaten
- 4 cups milk (or half & half)
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- teaspoon onion powder or some fresh grated onion
- Dash ground pepper
- 8-10 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- Broccoli, broken into small pieces (approx. 2 cups)
- cup mushrooms
- cup peeled tomatoes - (2 fresh or canned peeled, diced
Butter 9 x 13 pan. Put bread crumbs on bottom. Sprinkle with cheese.
Mix eggs & spices together, pour on top. Top with bacon, mushrooms,
tomato, & broccoli.
Cover and chill overnight
. Bake 325 degrees for 1 hour
. Let set for at least 15 minutes before cutting