- 2# carrots, scraped and cut into 1/4" slices
- 1/2 ts. salt
- 1/4 c. packed brown sugar
1/4 c. butter
1 ts. orange peel
1/2 ts. salt
- Heat 1" water to boiling in 3-qt saucepan. Add carrots and 1/2
ts salt. Cover and heat to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer covered
12-15 minutes until carrots are tender.
- While carrots are cooking heat brown sugar, butter, orange peel
and 1/2 ts salt in 10-12" skillet over medium heat, stirring
constantly, until sugar is dissolved and misture is bubbly. Be
carful not to overcook. Remove from heat.
- Drain carrots. Stir carrots into brown sugar mixtre. Cook over
low heat about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally and gently, until
carrots are glazed and hot.