Carol brought this to our 2010 gathering at Kathy's in Elburn. Is is free of complex sugars (no grain, no flour) containing only honey as sweetener. Carol is on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet which is good for those with ulcerative colitis and krohn's disease and other digestive problems.
Makes 12 muffins
2 cups blueberries (frozen or fresh)
tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
tsp. pure vanilla extract
If you use frozen blueberries, set them out to
thaw 4 or 5 hours prior to mixing the batter.
2. Heat the oven to 325o F. Line a muffin tin with baking cups.
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine almond flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
4. In a large bowl, combine the vanilla, honey, and eggs. Add the blueberries. Stir with a wooden spoon so as to avoid damaging the berries.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix well.
6. Fill the baking cups evenly with the batter.
7. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
8. Allow muffins to cool on a rack for 10 minutes. Then remove the baking cups from the muffin tin so as to prevent the development of condensation. Complete the cooling on the rack.
9. These muffins contain no preservatives. So if they will not be eaten within a day, refrigerate them. If they will not be eaten within a week, freeze them.