Rice Krispy Bars
3 Tbs. Butter
10 oz. bag marshmallows
6 cups Rice Krispies
Heat butter and marshmellows.
Stir in Rice Krispies.
Spread in Pam'd 9 x 13 pan.
Joelle's microwave version uses the same
ingredients, but there are some important variations:
- it is important that you use NO LESS THAN the 3 Tbs of butter
(that's probably true of the stovetop variation too)
- half the butter gets cut up and put under the marshmallows in the
bowl that goes in the microwave, and 1/2 the butter gets cut up and
put over the marshmallows
- the butter and marshmallows get microwaved around 3 minutes
before stirring in the Rice Krispies, but start checking at 2
- have the Rice Krispies ready to stir immediately when the
marshmallows are ready
- butter or grease the spoon that you use for stirring